SA 574	(五七四) 尼乾      | 
    SA 574 (Five Seven Four) Nigan | 
| (derived from google translate) | |
如是我聞:      | 
    Thus I heard: | 
一時,佛住菴羅聚落菴羅 林中,與諸上座比丘俱。      | 
    For a while, the Buddha lived in Anluo and settled in the Anluo forest, together with all the Lord Bhikkhus. | 
時,有尼犍若提 子與五百眷屬詣菴羅林中,欲誘質多羅 長者以為弟子。      | 
    At that time, there was Nigantha and five hundred family members in Luo'an Luo Lin, who wanted to lure the elders of Duo Luo into disciples. | 
質多羅長者聞尼犍若提子 將五百眷屬來詣菴羅林中,欲誘我為弟 子,聞已,即往詣其所,共相問訊畢,各於一 面坐。      | 
    The elder of quality Duo Luo Wen Ni Gan Ruo Zi brought five hundred of his family members to Luo Lin, and wanted to entice me to be a disciple. After hearing this, he would go to where he was, and after the interrogation, they would sit on one side. | 
時,尼犍若提子語質多羅長者言:      | 
    At that time, Nigantha asked Citta the householder: | 
「汝 信沙門瞿曇得無覺無觀三昧耶?」      | 
    Do you have faith in the Buddha’s teaching, that there is a samadhi that is without vitakka and without vicara? | 
質多羅 長者答言:      | 
    Citta The elder replied: | 
「我不以信故來也。」      | 
    I don't have faith. | 
阿耆毘言:      | 
    Nigantha said: | 
「長者!汝不諂、不幻、質直、質直所生。      | 
    "citta the Elder! You are born of unfaithfulness, unrealistic, straightforward quality, and straightforward quality. | 
長者!若能 息有覺有觀者,亦能以繩繫縛於風,若能 息有覺有觀者,亦可以一把土斷恒水 流,我於行、住、坐、臥智見常生。」      | 
    Good sirs! To imagine that you can avoid having a samadhi with vitakka and vicara, is like imagining you can catch the wind with a rope net. To imagine that you can avoid having a samadhi with vitakka and vicara, is like imagining you can also dam the constant river currents of the earth. I can live, live, sit, and lie down. " | 
質多羅長者 問尼犍若提子:      | 
    The elder Citta asked Nigantha Nataputta: | 
「為信在前耶?      | 
    "What is better? Being faithful? | 
為智在前耶?      | 
    Or having knowledge? | 
信之與智,何者為先?      | 
    Faith and knowledge, which one comes first? | 
何者為勝?」      | 
    What one wins out? " | 
尼犍若提 子答言:      | 
    Nigantha replied: | 
「信應在前,然後有智,信智相比,智 則為勝。」      | 
    Faith should come first, and then there is wisdom. Compared with faith and wisdom, wisdom wins. | 
質多羅長者語尼犍若提子:      | 
    Citta said to nigantha: | 
「我已求 得息有覺有觀,內淨一心,無覺無觀,三昧生 喜樂,第二禪具足住。      | 
    "Whenever I want, I dwell in samadhi with vitakka and vicara, or samadhi with internal purity, singular focus, without vitakka and without vicara, with rapture born of samadhi. I abide in second jhana. | 
我晝亦住此三昧,夜亦 住此三昧,終夜常住此三昧,有如是智,何 用信世尊為?」      | 
    I also live in this samādhi during the day, and this samādhi at night, and stay in this samādhi all night long. Since I have knowledge and personal experience with this samadhi, why do I need faith in the Buddha’s teaching of samadhi? " | 
尼犍若提子言:      | 
    Nigantha said: | 
「汝諂曲、幻偽、 不直、不直所生。」      | 
    You are born of flattery, falsehood, not straight, not straight. | 
質多羅長者言:      | 
    What the elder citta says: | 
「汝先言我 不諂曲、不幻、質直、質直所生,今云何言 諂曲、幻偽、不直、不直所生耶?      | 
    "You first said that I am not bluffing, not imaginary, quality straight, quality straight, how can I say that I am born of blunt song, false false, not straight, not straight? | 
若汝前實者, 後則虛,後實者,前則虛。      | 
    If the former is real, the latter is imaginary, and the latter is real, and the former is imaginary. | 
汝先言:      | 
    Your first words: | 
『我於行、住、 坐、臥知見常生。』      | 
    "I know how to live, live, sit, and lie down. 』 | 
汝於前後,小事不知。      | 
    You don't know the little things before and after. | 
云何 知過人法?      | 
    Yun Ho knows the human law? | 
若知、若見、安樂住事?」      | 
    If you know, if you see, stay happily? " | 
長者復問 尼犍若提子:      | 
    The elder asks again Nija Ruozi: | 
「有於一問、一說、一記論,乃至 十問、十說、十記論,汝有此不?      | 
    "There are one question, one comment, one commentary, and even ten questions, ten commentaries, and ten commentaries. Do you have this? | 
若無一問、一說、 一記論,乃至十問、十說、十記論。      | 
    If there is no one question, one comment, one comment, or even ten questions, ten comments, and ten comments. | 
云何能誘 於我,而來至此菴羅林中欲誘誑我?」      | 
    How can the cloud seduce me, but here in An Luo Lin wants to seduce me? " | 
於是 尼犍若提子息閉掉頭,反拱而出,不復還 顧。      | 
    So if Nigan closed his head and turned around, he arched out instead of paying attention. |